Australian Tolling System Specifications
There are a common set of design specifications used across toll collection systems implemented in Australia. Cica Group has created this white paper to outline the common requirements for Australian Tolling System Specifications and expectations on toll roads.
Tolling System Specifications described include:
- The different styles of gantry systems,
- Vehicle classification requirements and how vehicle classification differs between the states of NSW, Queensland and Victoria,
- Preferred tolling system technologies,
- Performance specifications and expectations,
- Security system requirements,
- Tolling system warranty minimums and requirements for testing programs, and
- Expectations for implementation of future tolling projects based on previous Cica Group projects.