Sydney Congestion Improvement Program
Roads and Maritime Services NSW
Easing Sydney’s Congestion (ESC) has embarked on a $90m program to trial and implement technology solutions to address Sydney’s major traffic issues with the Congestion Improvement Program (CIP). The CIP includes a major update to the SCATS to dynamically change the timing of traffic lights in response to real time traffic demands and vehicle volumes using additional, innovative detector locations along a corridor of 13 consecutive traffic intersections on the Pacific Highway on Sydney’s North Shore.
It also includes a trial of wireless Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) systems to provide priority to a dedicated fleet of heavy transport vehicles.
This program aims to make Sydney’s traffic signals smarter to reduce unnecessary stopping at traffic lights, easing congestion on the main road corridors.
The Cica Group is providing Project Management and technical consulting services to RMS for the SCIP; including:
- Program Management and governance across the SCIP portfolio;
- Project Management;
- Planning, resource and schedule management;
- Financial tracking and reporting;
- Implementing systems engineering processes and practices;
- Developing and resourcing a comprehensive systems integration and test capability;
- Developing and managing relationships with operational business units in RMS and Transport for NSW (TfNSW);
- Procurement and supplier management;
- Managing project delivery to some of the busiest roads in Australia;
- Managing systems development, test and commissioning in conjunction with existing RMS team leads;
- Developing concepts of operation and transition to operations plans; and
- Organisational change management.