Yarra Trams Vehicle Passenger Information System
The VPIS was a series of projects for the competitive procurement and implementation of a new Vehicle Passenger Information System (VPIS) for the A, B and C-Class Tram fleets.
Cica Group performed a range of roles at various stages of the VPIS acquisition and implementation process, including:
- Preparing for and managing the Expression of Interest (EOI) process to identify and short-list potential VPIS suppliers; including market engagement, EOI documentation, vendor management, supporting and managing Yarra Trams’ selection panel and preparing final EOI reports and recommendations for Yarra Trams and PTV;
- Managing on-vehicle system trials and evaluations for short-listed vendors; including developing trials plans, managing vendor engagement, managing systems deployment and field trials, collation of trials results, supporting and managing Yarra Trams’ trial evaluation panel and preparing final EOI reports and recommendations for Yarra Trams and PTV;
- Managing the procurement and implementation of the VPIS for the initial B-Class tram fleet through an RFT process, including preparing and presenting funding applications to PTV, RFT documentation and supporting Yarra Trams Commercial team in the engagement of the selected supplier;
- Project Management for the implementation of the selected VPIS across the B-Class tram fleet; including managing and co-ordinating the supplier and Yarra Trams’ internal engineering, IT and passenger information teams and providing detailed project tracking and reporting to Yarra Trams and PTV;
- Establishing the Back Office System including development and configuration.
- Establishing the ICT Infrastructure and Network to enable communication between the tram and the Back Office.
- Train 900 Drivers, 70 Maintenance Staff, 10 ICT staff and the Passenger Information team in the operation and level 1 support of the VPIS.
- Providing on-going technical support to Yarra Trams for the implementation of the selected VPIS across the A- and C-Class tram fleets; including developing revised technical specifications and commercial variations, preparing and presenting funding applications to PTV and handing-over on-going project management to internal Yarra Trams’ resources.