Future Submarine Program SEA 1000 Competitive Evaluation Process (CEP) support
Thyssen Krupp Marine Systems (TKMS), Germany
TKMS selected the Cica Group team to assist them in their tender response to the Commonwealth of Australia RAN Future Submarine Project SEA 1000 CEP during 2016 – 2017.
Working closely with the TKMS Design, Engineering, Commercial and ILS resources, Cica provided a team of 5 personnel based primarily in Kiel, Germany and more latterly in Australia throughout the bid duration in 2016 – 2017 assisting with multiple tender deliverables for the client.
Cica Group supported the TKMS team with Australian naval program specific knowledge in:
- Shipbuilding in Australia, naval program management & build scheduling
- Cost estimation, local cost breakdown, earned value estimating and local on – cost implications
- Australian Industry Capability (AIC) requirements and access to the national supplier network
- Intellectual Property (IP) management & commercial agreements, structures and application of international offsets
These deliverables typically involved the CICA team in the authoring or co – authoring of specific Data Item Description (DID) responses & editing and reviewing of significant elements of the TKMS response. Key contributions were made by the Cica team in developing responses addressing:
- Project Management
- Technical Services
- Planning, Programming & Scheduling
- Strategic Planning
- Commercial & Contract conditions
- Operational & Maintenance & Repair
- Industry Development
- Project Assurance
This effort included a comprehensive local industry engagement programme requiring substantial technology transfer activities involving companies and tertiary institutions throughout Australia.