Toowoomba Second Range Crossing O&M Modelling
Cica was engaged by the Nexus Consortium to provide an Operations and Maintenance Cost Estimate for the consortium’s successful bid for the $AU1.6B Toowoomba Second Range Crossing motorway, including:
- reviewing all State tender documentation with regards to the road design and operational requirements;
- development of a strategy to operate and maintain the road;
- development of a workforce and subcontractor business model;
- development of a cost model and estimating all operating and lifecycle costs associated with operating and maintaining the road for 25 years; and
- presentation to the major investors to explain the methodology, results and justification.
Cica developed a comprehensive cost model based on its extensive experience in road construction, operation and maintenance, and reported to the Consortium with a recommended strategy to operate and maintain the road while best meeting the State’s various KPI’s for safety & quality.
Cica also made recommendations on the frequency and cost of significant lifecycle replacement tasks such as road resurfacing. The strategy presented to the consortium was informed and validated by the detailed cost model incorporating estimates of all labour tasks, skills sets, workforce rosters, penalty rates, subcontracting packages and capital purchases.